Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is my own invention. I have heard about people liking Salsa on their eggs. So I got the idea of the Taco Omelet. It is a nice twist on what you may think of when it comes to omelets. It is GOOD!
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons chicken breasts (Broken up small)
- 1 tablespoon green pepper (Finely Chopped)
- 1 tablespoon onion (Chopped)
- 2 tablespoons queso fresco
- 2 tablespoons salsa (Mild or Hot)
- tortilla chips
- Spray non-stick skillet with Cooking Spray. Heat skillet between medium and high heat.
- Beat eggs.
- Pour eggs into pan and sprinkle the green pepper and onion. Sprinkle chicken on top of the eggs. Finely crush tortilla chips and sprinkle across the eggs.
- When omelet moves freely when you shake the pan, flip the omelet to cook it on the other side.
- When finished, turn over the pan onto a plate. Top the omelet with Queso Fresco while it is still hot.
- Spread salsa over the omelet. Roll up and enjoy!
Tasted good, but it takes way too long to do for an average morning breakfast. Most definatly a weekend thing unless you have an extra twenty minutes on hand every morning.
I saw this recipe and I thought it would be good. It was AWESOME!