Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Tasty taco flavored stuffed chicken breasts using ingredients readily avaliable. I serve with Knorr Taco Flavored Rice but could easily be made using white rice and adding in some taco seasoning. Added 3/1/06(Note- You don't have to use all of the mayo mixture, just enough to lightly coat each breast so the Doritos stick.)
- 2 -4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 1⁄2-3 cups crushed cool ranch Doritos
- 2 -3 ounces Mexican blend cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup salsa or 1⁄3 cup picante sauce
- 0.5 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- Pre-heat oven to 400.
- Meanwhile, crush Doritos using rolling pin.
- Mix the mayo and taco seasoning together in a bowl.
- Butterfly each chicken breast almost all the way through creating a pouch for the filling.
- Spoon some salsa into the middle of each chicken breast, generously sprinkle cheese on top of salsa and close, securing with several toothpicks.
- Spread mayo mixture over chicken breasts (1 side at a time) and dip into cruched Doritos(or sprinkle Doritos over chicken) to coat.
- Repeat on other side.
- Place on a cookie sheet (I line mine with non-stick foil) and bake 20-25 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Serve with rice & enjoy!
wanted to re try this and now see mayo helps make and great outer layer and taste was great thanks