Recipe by BecR
Spice up your favorite taco meat filling, enchiladas, Mexican layered dips etc with this yummy seasoning mix. The cocoa option uses unsweetened cocoa powder and is excellent in red sauce (vs green sauce) enchilada dishes. Feel free to adjust amounts to your taste. Note: "couple dashes" did not take so I made them 1/8 teaspoon.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon chili powder (I use mixture of regular chile and chipotle)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 dash cayenne
- 1 dash celery salt
- 1 dash cumin powder
- 1 dash sage
- 1 dash oregano (or marjoram)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 -2 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder (optional, to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, whisk seasonings to combine.
- Sprinkle mixture on your favorite dishes such as taco meat filling, taco salad, enchiladas, or Mexican layered dips.
- Store any leftover seasoning mix in a tight lidded container in a cool location away from direct sunlight.