Prep 10 mins
Cook 21 mins
I love the combination of ingredients in this dish. It's excellent served with a green salad and cornbread on the side. I also sometimes leave out the red and green peppers to make it more kid-friendly.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies (Ro-tel)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red pepper (optional)
- 2 (5 5/8 ounce) cans French-fried onions
- 1⁄2-1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (your preference, I like to use more)
- Cook and drain ground beef.
- Stir in taco seasoning, corn, black beans, tomatoes, peppers, cheese and 1 can french fried onions.
- Pour into 2 quart casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered at 400 for 20 minutes.
- Top with remaining french fried onions.
- Bake uncovered for about 1 minute until onions are golden brown.
Love this recipe! I didn't have the Ro-Tel on hand so I used a can of stewed tomatoes. Served with a skillet of corn bread and tossed lettuce salad. Wonderful!