Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
I got this online from CDKitchen. I've been looking for this recipe for years and can't wait to try it!
- 1 lb boneless pork, cubed
- 4 lbs chicken pieces
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 apple, peeled and diced
- 1 cup pineapple chunk
- Dredge meats with flour; shake off excess.
- Heat oil and butter in a large saute pan.
- Brown meats and remove from pan.
- Saute onion, garlic, nuts, seeds and peppers until onion is transparent.
- Add tomatoes and simmer until tender.
- Remove from heat and cool. Pour into blender or food processor and puree.
- In large pot, combine sauce, meats, stock, sugar and spices.
- Cook for 30 minutes.
- Cut sweet potato into large chunks and add to pot.
- Cook for 15 minutes.
- Stir in diced apple and pineapple.
- Heat through.
- Serve with rice and warm tortillas.
- **Use your favorite chicken pieces for this recipes - wings, thighs, legs for a variety
- **Cut up whole chicken works as well, but cut the breast pieces in half crosswise so they are finger-eatable.
This was ok. Definitely will use more chili powder next time and less cinnamon..it seemed a little too sweet for my taste buds. It was nice to try though