Recipe by Sandy in Oklahoma
My hubby loves stuffed peppers. I normally mix up the meat mixture and stuff it raw in the peppers and bake them. This is cooked first and I really like that because you can drain most of the grease off that would normally end up being cooked in the pepper. I mix these up the night before, stick them in the crockery lining and put it in the fridge. Next morning, I just stick it in the pot, turn it on and I'm good to go.
- 6 medium bell peppers
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (8 1/4 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 cup cooked long-grain rice
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) taco seasoning
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove stem end, seeds and membranes from peppers. Set aside.
- In large skillet cook beef and onion until beef is brown. Drain well. Stirn in corn, rice, water and taco seasoning. Spoon into peppers. Place peppers, upright, in crockpot.
- Stir together undrained tomatoes and tomato sauce. Pour over peppers. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3 hours.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and let set for 10 minutes before serving.