Prep 45 mins
Cook 8 mins
A yummy hot hors d'oeuvre, especially enjoyed by men. I obtained this recipe from a church potluck dinner. It is a must now at many family get togethers. Can be made a few days ahead and stored in fridge before cooking.
- 1 (250 g) package Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1⁄4 lb shredded monterey jack cheese (1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped jalapeno peppers
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 cup cooked diced white meat chicken
- 5 6-inch tortillas
- Soften the cream cheese and beat well with electric mixer.
- Add the Jalapeno peppers, Cumin and beat well with electric mixer.
- Add the cheese and chicken and mix well with spoon.
- Spread mixture evenly on tortillas& roll up tightly.
- Trim ends of the roll.
- eat the ends!
- Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and chill.
- Slice roll into ¾-1 inch pieces, and place upright on its side on non stick baking pan.
- Bake in 400 degree oven till hot but not overly melted, 8-10 minutes.
I used leftover chicken breast that had been grilled with Montreal Steak Seasoning and diced. Wrapped in jalapeño seasoned flour tortillas, these little bites were a winner at a recent casual get-together.