Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Sweet potatoes with taco seasoning.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- Wash, peel and cut up potatoes into fries or cubes.
- Toss with oil then with taco seasonings.
- Add to slightly greased pan and bake in 425°F oven 10 minutes, turn, 10 more minutes.
- These will likely come out better (and not need to be turned) if you place a cooling rack on/in the cookie sheet and then place the fries on the rack. The air gets right around the fries. (Tip learned from Rachael Ray).
These are good, a nice change from the usual sides. Served with tacos and there were no left overs - always a good sign :).
This is very different and very good at the same time. I really get tired of having the usual beans and rice with Mexican casseroles so I like to try new dishes that have a Mexican flare. This is just what I was looking for. The potatoes are not at all sweet, just right. This would be good with Irish potatoes, too.