1 hr 15 mins
This is a *delicious* sweet Mexican pudding, you may reduce the amount of sugar but I prefer it sweet -- do not subsitiute the masa harina (Mexican corn flour) using anything else will change the texture and it will not be the same, masa harina is easily found in the Mexican section and baking sections of you grocery store, Walmart also carries it --- you will love this!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Prepare a 13 x 9-inch pan and grease an 8 x 8 -inch baking pan.
- 3In a bowl beat the butter until creamy.
- 4Add in the corn flour and water; beat until well combined.
- 5Using a food processor process the thawed frozen corn (do not process until smooth, leave bit chunky) then stir into the creamed mixture.
- 6In another bowl combine the cornmeal, sugar, whipping cream, salt and baking powder; add to the creamed mixture and stir with a wooden spoon to combine.
- 7Transfer the batter to the greased 8 x 8-inch baking pan, smooth out the batter, then cover with foil.
- 8Place the pan into the 13 x 9-inch pan, then fill one-third up of the pan full of water.
- 9Bake for about 50-60 minutes.
- 10Allow to cool for about 15 minutes.
- 11Scoop out with an ice cream scoop.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Sweet Corn Pudding Bake
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 293.9
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 50.9 mg
- Sodium 257.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 2.8 g