Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a *delicious* sweet Mexican pudding, you may reduce the amount of sugar but I prefer it sweet -- do not subsitiute the masa harina (Mexican corn flour) using anything else will change the texture and it will not be the same, masa harina is easily found in the Mexican section and baking sections of you grocery store, Walmart also carries it --- you will love this!
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare a 13 x 9-inch pan and grease an 8 x 8 -inch baking pan.
- In a bowl beat the butter until creamy.
- Add in the corn flour and water; beat until well combined.
- Using a food processor process the thawed frozen corn (do not process until smooth, leave bit chunky) then stir into the creamed mixture.
- In another bowl combine the cornmeal, sugar, whipping cream, salt and baking powder; add to the creamed mixture and stir with a wooden spoon to combine.
- Transfer the batter to the greased 8 x 8-inch baking pan, smooth out the batter, then cover with foil.
- Place the pan into the 13 x 9-inch pan, then fill one-third up of the pan full of water.
- Bake for about 50-60 minutes.
- Allow to cool for about 15 minutes.
- Scoop out with an ice cream scoop.
I too have been searching for this recipe for quite some time since I had it at a Mexican Restaurant back home in California. This is as good if not better. I did reduce the sugar slightly to 1/4 cup - and it was plenty sweet. Perfect side for any Mexican dish! Thanks so much!
This was it!! I had been looking for a recipe for this since I had eaten it on the west coast. Just perfect. The perfect side for a mexican meal, sweet to go w/ the spicy. Just perfect, follow recipe exactly.