Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
From TOH. Yield: 1 loaf (about 2 pounds).
- 2⁄3 cup water (70 to 80)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons chunky salsa
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1⁄3 cups bread flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In a bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
Exceptionally good when served as buttered toast for a breakfast of bacon, eggs, and a side of salsa. Keeping this one to the front of my bread recipes. Made for New Kids on the Block as a substitute for the Dandelion Bread I had tagged but couldn't find the flowers to make. Forgot to mention that instead of adding the water in step 2 I added a tablespoon of salsa and it worked out very well. OMG! I was writing down the recipe for my son when I realized I never put in the parsley flakes, sorry, but still darn good.
This recipe is also posted in "More Electric Bread" with one difference, using fresh cilantro instead of dried parsley. I made this bread (using fresh cilantro) to go with Recipe #107281 both were very very good! I will fix this again. Thank you for posting dicentra!
YUMMY EASY Who can ask for anything more? I did heat my bread pan with water and also heated the sour cream a little. The Salsa was at room temp. It made a high rise and was very moist and delicious. I have 3 bags of the dry ingredients made up so the only thing I'll have to do is the liquid and pop in the little yeast pkt I made up and added to the dry ingred. THANK YOU