Recipe by Dawn
Having lived close to the Mexican border, I developed a taste for the food, especially the desserts! You could find these cookies at the "Panaderia."
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 1⁄2-1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Spray cookie sheets with non stick cooking spray.
- Cream butter, powdered sugar, milk, vanilla, and half of cinnamon (1/2 tsp.) Add 1 1/2 cups flour and baking powder.
- Mix until well blended.
- At this point you may add additional flour if dough is too sticky.
- Roll dough into 1 1/4 inch balls.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- Flatten each ball with a glass coated with granulated sugar.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until edges are golden brown.
- Let stand 3-4 minutes before coating with following mixture.
- Combine granulated sugar, grated chocolate, and remaining cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Stir to combine.
- Coat cookies with sugar, chocolate and cinnamon mixture on both sides.
- Allow cookies to cool.