Recipe by English_Rose
Marinated steak served with cheese enchiladas make a delicious meal in this tasty Mexican-style recipe. Time does not include marinating.
Top Review by GMSnowshoe
Wonderful wonderful recipe! Love the marinade and having the enchiladas next to them is wonderful. During the last minute of broiling the steaks, I melted monterey jack cheese over the steaks just for fun - turned out amazing!
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 limes, juice of, only
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 white onions, finely sliced
- 2 beef rib eye steaks
- 4 flour tortillas
- 8 tablespoons enchilada sauce
- 9 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- guacamole, to serve
- green chili, sliced, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the vegetable oil, garlic, lime juice, salt, black pepper and white onion.
- Coat the meat with the onion mixture, cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Spread the tortillas with enchilada sauce (reserving a little), fill with cheddar cheese (reserving a little) and roll up over the cheese.
- Place the filled tortillas in an ovenproof dish. Spread with the remaining enchilada sauce and sprinkle over the reserved Cheddar.
- Bake in the oven for 5-10 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Meanwhile, preheat a grill or griddle pan until very hot. Cook the steak on the grill or griddle until cooked to taste.
- Serve the freshly grilled steak with the tortillas and guacamole, garnishing with the green chili.