Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
From Taste of Home. This recipe works well in a crock-pot also. Complete steps 1 & 2; then put it in a crock-pot to simmer all day. I used to have another recipe very similar to this called Cincinnati-Style Chili that I lost ........ I top it off with shredded Cheddar cheese.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) package spaghetti, cooked and drained
- In a Dutch oven, brown beef, onions, green pepper and garlic; drain.
- Add the next 10 ingredients and mix well.
- Cover and simmer for 2 hours,stirring occasionally.
- Serve over spaghetti.
- Yield: 8 servings.