Tasty! Probably "Mexican" in style rather than in authenticity, but all the same is delicious. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 24 shrimp, raw, peeled and deveined
- 1 avocado, peeled and chopped
- 2 jalapeno chiles, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons roasted red peppers, chopped (orange or yellow work fine, too)
- 2 tablespoons carrots, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, fresh, snipped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups lettuce, finely shredded
- 1 lemons or 1 lime wedge
- 1Heat water, lime juice, garlic, salt and pepper to boiling in a 4-quart Dutch oven; reduce heat.
- 2Simmer uncovered until reduced to 2/3 cup.
- 3Add shrimp.
- 4Cover and simmer 3 minutes; do NOT overcook.
- 5Immediately remove shrimp from liquid with slotted spoon; place in bowl of iced water.
- 6Simmer liquid until reduced to 2 T; cool.
- 7Mix reduced liquid, shrimp and remaining ingredients except shredded lettuce and lemon wedges in a glass or plastic bowl.
- 8Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- 9Just before serving place 1/4 cup lettuce on each of 6 serving dishes.
- 10Divide shrimp mixture among dishes.
- 11Garnish with lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Style Shrimp Cocktail
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 123.3
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.2 mg
- Sodium 957.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 4.4 g