Recipe by DangerBun
Sold at street fairs all over Texas, this tasty Mexican treat is addictive. You'll never have your corn with plain butter again! NOTE: Do not use the standard "chili powder" (which commonly contains chile, cumin, salt, garlic, sugar, etc). Use mild powdered chiles such as Ancho, New Mexico, Guajillo, etc.
Top Review by amyvw
This stuff is absolutely delicious! We can't wait to make it again (and again...and again). I used Ancho chili powder and it gave it the most delightfully smoky flavor without being overly 'burn your face off' spicy.
- 6 ears unshucked sweet corn on the cob
- 2 tablespoons mild chili powder (or more to taste)
- 1 large lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Roast unshucked ears of corn on med-high grill for 30+ mins (depending on your grill).
- Shuck the hot ears and cut off kernels into a large bowl.
- While corn is hot, add chile powder, lemon juice, butter, lemon pepper, mayonnaise, and parmesan cheese.
- Mix well and salt to taste.