Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Sold at street fairs all over Texas, this tasty Mexican treat is addictive. You'll never have your corn with plain butter again! NOTE: Do not use the standard "chili powder" (which commonly contains chile, cumin, salt, garlic, sugar, etc). Use mild powdered chiles such as Ancho, New Mexico, Guajillo, etc.
- 6 ears unshucked sweet corn on the cob
- 2 tablespoons mild chili powder (or more to taste)
- 1 large lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- Roast unshucked ears of corn on med-high grill for 30+ mins (depending on your grill).
- Shuck the hot ears and cut off kernels into a large bowl.
- While corn is hot, add chile powder, lemon juice, butter, lemon pepper, mayonnaise, and parmesan cheese.
- Mix well and salt to taste.
This stuff is absolutely delicious! We can't wait to make it again (and again...and again). I used Ancho chili powder and it gave it the most delightfully smoky flavor without being overly 'burn your face off' spicy.