Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
Dairy-free, fat-free, and just plain good.
- 2 1⁄2 cups rice milk (ok to use soy milk if you don't mind the added fat)
- 2 cups leftover cooked brown rice or 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup dark raisin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 whole cinnamon stick
- lime rind or orange rind
- Combine all ingredients.
- Cook over medium-low heat about 30-40 minutes or until thick, stirring frequently.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour. Remove cinnamon stick and citrus peel before serving.