Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A recipe from Ricardo
- 2 cups cooked turkey, minced
- 3⁄4 cup salsa
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese or 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200 C (400 F).
- Use 4 sheets 50 x 20-cm (20 x 8-inch) parchment paper.
- Fold the parchment paper in half and round the corners with scissors.
- For each wrapper, place on 1/4 of the turkey on one half of the parchment paper, add 45 ml (3 tablespoons) of salsa, 1/4 of the green onions, ½ of an avocado, ¼ of the bell pepper and 1/4 of the cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fold the other half of parchment paper over the filling. Seal by folding. You can lightly butter the paper for it to brown when cooked.
- Place the papillotes on a baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Place a papillote on each plate and open from the center with scissors. Serve with rice and a salad. Delicious with sour cream.
Came off the grill smoking hot and mouthwatering good. Will definitely do this again but with shredded chicken. Made for ZWT 8.