- 1 lb mushroom, with stems
- 3 tablespoons salad oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried epazote
- 1 -2 canned chile, rinsed and seeded, and sliced
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Wipe all mushrooms clean with a damp washcloth. Cut large mushrooms into quarters.
- Heat the butter and oil in a heavy skillet.
- When butter and oil mixture starts foaming add the garlic , mushrooms, epazote, chiles, and salt and pepper to taste, and cook.
- Stirring from time to time, over a medium heat until the mushrooms are lightly browned, approximately 6-8 minutes.