1/1 Photo of Mexican Style Lime and Cilantro Whole Chicken (Slow Cooker)
7 hrs 15 mins
Chandra M's Note:
An easy way to have dinner done when you get home. Also great way to make chicken for tacos or other recipes that call for cooked chicken. From Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and dry the chicken.
- 2Reserve the giblets and neck for another use.
- 3Season the chicken inside and out with salt and pepper.
- 4Place in the slow cooker breast side up.
- 5Squeeze the juice of the lime over the chicken.
- 6Put the remains of the lime, cilantro and garlic inside the cavity.
- 7Cover and cook on the low setting for 6-7 hours or until an instant read thermometer reads 180 degrees Fahrenheit in the thickest part of the thigh.
- 8Transfer the chicken to a platter.
- 9Pour the liquid from the cooker into a separate container and refrigerate for another use.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Style Lime and Cilantro Whole Chicken (Slow Cooker)
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 741.2
- Calories from Fat 462
- Total Fat 51.3 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 255.3 mg
- Sodium 821.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 63.6 g