Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 hrs
An easy way to have dinner done when you get home. Also great way to make chicken for tacos or other recipes that call for cooked chicken. From Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Cookbook.
- 3 -4 lbs broiler chickens
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lime
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro stem
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- Wash and dry the chicken.
- Reserve the giblets and neck for another use.
- Season the chicken inside and out with salt and pepper.
- Place in the slow cooker breast side up.
- Squeeze the juice of the lime over the chicken.
- Put the remains of the lime, cilantro and garlic inside the cavity.
- Cover and cook on the low setting for 6-7 hours or until an instant read thermometer reads 180 degrees Fahrenheit in the thickest part of the thigh.
- Transfer the chicken to a platter.
- Pour the liquid from the cooker into a separate container and refrigerate for another use.
This is a very easy recipe to follow. I thought it was a little bland.
This was quick and easy, and we had all the ingredients. We found it lacked flavour, so would probably double the lime and cilantro if we made it again.
I was expecting this chicken to be packed with flavor, and sadly it had none. It was good, but I have tried other recipes that have a lot more flavor. I don't think I will try this again, sorry.