An easy way to have dinner done when you get home. Also great way to make chicken for tacos or other recipes that call for cooked chicken. From Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Cookbook.
- Wash and dry the chicken.
- Reserve the giblets and neck for another use.
- Season the chicken inside and out with salt and pepper.
- Place in the slow cooker breast side up.
- Squeeze the juice of the lime over the chicken.
- Put the remains of the lime, cilantro and garlic inside the cavity.
- Cover and cook on the low setting for 6-7 hours or until an instant read thermometer reads 180 degrees Fahrenheit in the thickest part of the thigh.
- Transfer the chicken to a platter.
- Pour the liquid from the cooker into a separate container and refrigerate for another use.