Recipe by calhooney
Old family recipe. I like it because you have meat, vegtable, cheese and bread all in one dish. Just serve with beans and you have a meal!
- 2 packages Mexican cornbread mix
- 1 lb hamburger meat
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 large onion
- 2 cups of grated colby-monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cornbread according to instructions, set aside.
- Brown meat and onion, add cream of corn, set aside.
- Oil pan, pour 1/2 of cornbread mixture in pan.
- Add meat mixture on top of cornbread, spread evenly.
- Pour remaining cornbread mixture over top of meat mixture.
- Add cheese on top of cornbread spreading evenly.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.