Recipe by LAURIE
Twist on traditional garlic bread. Great on the grill but it wont be as crunchy as in the oven under the broiler.
Top Review by ratherbeswimmin'
I second that WOW!!! This bread was very good, Laurie. I used about 1 T. chopped fresh jalapeno pepper. I also cooked it in the oven and putting it under the broiler in the last few minutes of cooking gives it a wonderful toasted, slightly crisp texture. This bread and salad is what my husband and I had for supper. Thanks.
- 1 loaf garlic bread (1 lb loaf)
- 13 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- garlic powder
- 2 -3 green onions with tops, chopped
- 4 ounces chopped black olives
- chopped jalapeno pepper, to your taste
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Split bread lengthwise in half.
- Combine cheese, mayonnaise, onions, dash of garlic powder and olives in a bowl.
- Add desired amount of jalapeños, mix well.
- Spread mixture on each half of bread.
- Drizzle with melted butter.
- Place on baking sheet or heavy duty foil.
- Bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes until bubbly, or on grill until bubbly.
- If in oven change to broil and broil for 5 minutes until light brown.