Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A nice change of pace between Mexican Courses. If watermelon isn't around use honeydew.
- 3 cups bite-sized chunks watermelon
- 1 1⁄2 cups bite-sized chunks cantaloupe
- 1 1⁄2 cups bite-sized chunks crenshaw melon
- 1 1⁄2 cups bite-sized chunks casaba melon
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup of fresh mint, torn
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- Toss together all ingredients and chill for 1 hour.
- Stir gently and serve.
This is a marvelous melon salad. Simple tastes and easy to prepare. It has a nice balance of lime, mint and sugar. I used cantaloupe, watermelon and honeydew with the lime and mint. I substituted agave syrup instead of sugar. Awesome!
This fruit salad was fabulous! I absolutely loved the combo of the sweet melon with the tangy lime juice and mint. All the casaba melons I could find were overripe, so I substituted paradise melon for that, otherwise followed the recipe exactly. Served it with fajitas and a corn and bean salad. I can't wait to make it again!
Delicious and accompanied a Costa Rican-themed meal very well! Fresh pineapple mint from the garden. I did sub other fruit for the melon though: strawberries, oranges and grapes. Thanks for posting!