Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
- 1⁄3 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 medium bananas, each cut into 8 pieces
- Heat chocolate in skillet over low heat till melted, about 2 minutes.
- Add cinnamon and stir to combine.
- Coat end of each banana piece with chocolate mixture.
- Plate on plate, chocolate end up. Repeat with remaining pieces, coating pointed ends of the 4 tips.
- Serve or place in refrigerator until chocolate hardens, about 15 minutes.
What a cute finger dessert! My bananas must have been small, because I kept getting my fingers in the chocolate, trying to dip and then turn them out on the plate! So, after that, I decided to spoon and drizzle the chocolate over them. I do agree with Syd that these would be even cuter with sprinkles. Thnx for the recipe, Sharon. Made for PAC Spring 2010. You've been adopted! http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
These made for a GREAT & UNUSUAL addition to my finger food counter, & with a little bit of festive sprinkles on top would fit nicely into the winter holidays! Thanks for the keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]
This is a fun and delicious recipe. I made these with my 5 year old, and she had fun dipping the bananas, but even more fun eating them. A great recipe for adults and "little chefs" as well. Thanks for posting!