Recipe by Chefbrian426
A crescent pastry filled with creamy cheeses, chicken, and green chilies baked till golden brown and topped off with a spicy, cool, creamy cilantro sauce.
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 2 refrigerated reduced-fat crescent rolls
- 1 (8 ounce) package neufchatel cheese, softened
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro leaf
- 1 chopped and seeded jalapeno
- 2 stalks chopped green onions
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 teaspoons salt (separated)
- 4 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Boil chicken in 6 cups of water for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove chicken from water and dice into cubes.
- In a medium size bowl, mix Neufchatel cheese, cheddar cheese, can of green chilies, 1 tsp salt, and diced chicken.
- Unroll crescent rolls, place two crescents in the shape of a square pressing the seams together, making 8 squares.
- Top each square with 1/2 cup cheese mixture.
- Fold the corners of the square inward making a package.
- Top each package with a dollop of butter.
- Place in oven for 8 to 12 minutes until golden brown.
- For the sauce, place sour cream, yogurt, jalapeno, cilantro, garlic, green onion, lime juice, and 1 teaspoons salt in blender, and blend until smooth.
- When crescents are done top with sauce and enjoy!