Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Since I can't make Spanish rice worth a dern, these cheesy potatoes go well with my Mexican night dishes. And...Cinco de Mayo is just around the corner! OLE!
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) jar salsa con queso
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 2 tablespoons of minced onions
- 1 (2 lb) bag frozen hash browns
- 2 cups shredded mexican cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In bowl combine melted butter, minced onion, sour cream and the Salsa Con Queso.
- Stir until well blended.
- Stir in hash brown potatoes until mixture is blended.
- Place mixture into a glass oven proof 13x9-inch rectangular pan.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Prior to taking out of oven, melt shredded Mexican cheese over the potato dish.
Delicous! We spiced it up by adding minced jalapeno and everyone loved it! So easy to make!
Good stuff! I cut down on the amount of butter and also used a few extra pinches of red pepper and cumin for a little extra kick.
Very good, but next time I will leave out the butter...turned out a little too greasy for me, but the flavor was fantastic!