Recipe by IAteMyGluestick
6 points per serving
Top Review by mersaydees
This is from WeightWatchers.com. 8 PointsPlus per serving. WW says, "Like a burrito in a bowl, this dish is great for parties. Serve a big salad on the side.... NOTES: Leftover brown rice works well in this dish. Or save time by picking some up at your local Chinese restaurant." We had this for dinner last night and it's definitely a crowd pleaser! Thanks for saving me the effort of posting this recipe, IAteMyGluestick!
- 1 spray cooking spray
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 1⁄4 cups salsa
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 15 ounces canned refried beans
- 10 ounces frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 4 ounces canned green chili peppers, mild, diced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach or 10 ounces collard greens, thawed and set to drain in a strainer over a bowl
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, fresh, chopped (optional, for garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Coat a 2-quart rectangular, round or oval baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine rice, salsa and cumin. Spoon 2 cups of rice mixture into prepared baking dish and spread out to evenly cover bottom of dish.
- In another large bowl, combine refried beans, corn, chili peppers and chili power. Using a rubber spatula, scrape bean mixture on top of rice layer and smooth out top.
- Squeeze out any excess water from spinach or collard greens and then spread on top of bean layer; sprinkle with 6 tablespoons of cheese. Top with remaining rice mixture and smooth out top; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Place casserole on a large rimmed baking sheet to catch any spillage. Bake until heated through and cheese is browned and bubbling, about 30 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro (if desired), cut into 6 pieces and serve.