Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I just made this up last night and it was pretty good if I must say so myself!! I served it as a burrito in a flour tortilla with shredded cheese and sour cream.
- 3 lbs beef stew meat
- 1 (6 ounce) can enchilada sauce (hot)
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 dash red pepper seasoning
- 1 dash garlic salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- Heat oil.
- Add beef; season as desired.
- Brown all sides.
- Add sauce and salsa; mix well.
- Simmer 1 1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- **serve over rice, or like myself, with warm corn or flour tortillas, garnished as you would a taco.
This is an excellent spicy and hot dish! I took it up a notch, and added some veggies to give it more of a stew taste. I threw in red, green, orange and yellow peppers with some chucks of onions the last 1/2 hour of cooking. I served it over brown rice and a side of refried beans and baked whole wheat flour tortilias. This is going in my 5 star cook book to make again. Hottopot thanks for creating and posting this delicious hot and spicy dish.