Recipe by Chef Jho
This is a recipe from Rachsel Ray's 30 Minute Meals. This is wonderful served with Mean Fish Tacos #107477. A wonderful way to use garden fresh tomatoes.
Top Review by Mrs.Jack
I love this recipe!!! And, I can change it up depending on what I have on hand. My adjustments are: I omit the pimentos (don't like them), add diced cucumber and avocado, and omit the breadcrumbs. Sooooo flavorful and refreshing!!! Thank you!
- 5 red ripe tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- 1 (2 ounce) jar diced pimentos
- 1⁄4 red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 small zucchini, 1/4-inch dice
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the tops off 4 tomatoes and trim a thin slice off the bottoms so that they will sit upright easily. Hollow out the tomatoes with a spoon. Season tomatoes with salt and pepper. Seed and chop remaining tomato.
- In a bowl, combine chopped tomato, pimentos, onions, zucchini, jalapeno, lemon juice, oregano and cilantro. Sprinkle bread crumbs evenly over the bowl. Add extra-virgin olive oil in a slow stream. Toss mixture to combine and season to taste with salt and pepper. Fill the empty tomatoes and serve.