Recipe by Jellyqueen
I received this recipe from a friend several years ago. We were doing a fund raising recipe book and this was one of the recipes Tracy Thomas submitted. It was one of the first recipes I tried after we completed the recipe book.
- 20 large pasta shells, cooked al dente,and drained
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 340.19 g jarmild picante sauce
- 118.29 ml water
- 226.79 g can tomato sauce
- 113.39 g canchopped green chilies
- 226.79 g packageshredded monterey jack cheese
- 81.64 g package French-fried onions
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- Combine picante sauce, water and tomato sauce.
- Stir 1/2 cup of the picante mixture into ground beef along with green chilies, 1/2 cup cheese and 1/2 cup Frence Fried Onions; mix well.
- Pour half of the remaining picante mixture on bottom of a 9X12 baking dish.
- Stuff cooked shells with ground beef mixture.
- Arrange shells in baking dish and pour remaining sauce over the shells.
- Bake uncovered at 350 F.
- for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with remaining cheese and onions, then return to oven and cook, uncovered, for 15 minutes longer.