1 hr 5 mins
I received this recipe from a friend several years ago. We were doing a fund raising recipe book and this was one of the recipes Tracy Thomas submitted. It was one of the first recipes I tried after we completed the recipe book.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 F.
- 2Brown ground beef and drain.
- 3Combine picante sauce, water and tomato sauce.
- 4Stir 1/2 cup of the picante mixture into ground beef along with green chilies, 1/2 cup cheese and 1/2 cup Frence Fried Onions; mix well.
- 5Pour half of the remaining picante mixture on bottom of a 9X12 baking dish.
- 6Stuff cooked shells with ground beef mixture.
- 7Arrange shells in baking dish and pour remaining sauce over the shells.
- 8Bake uncovered at 350 F.
- 9for 30 minutes.
- 10Remove from oven and top with remaining cheese and onions, then return to oven and cook, uncovered, for 15 minutes longer.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Stuffed Shells
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 522.8
- Calories from Fat 319
- Total Fat 35.5 g
- Saturated Fat 18.1 g
- Cholesterol 130.6 mg
- Sodium 1258.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 38.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: