Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Ground beef based with a Mexican kick!
- 1 (12 ounce) box jumbo pasta shells
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (12 ounce) jarmedium Pace Picante Sauce
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 (6 ounce) container French-fried onions
- Bring 4 quarts of lightly salted water to a rolling boil over high heat. Gently stir in pasta shells and return to a boil. Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, approximately 10 minutes until pasta shells are al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water. Arrange pasta shells on waxed paper until ready to stuff.
- Brown ground beef in medium saucepan with salt & pepper to taste. Drain grease. Add to the ground beef 1/3 of the tomato sauce, all of the picante sauce & green chiles, 1/2 cup cheese and 1/2 the ff onions. Mix all together.
- Pour 1/3 of the tomato sauce into a sprayed 9 x 13 baking dish, to cover bottom of dish. Stuff pasta shells with meat mixture and arrange in dish. Pour remaining 1/3 cup tomato sauce over top of shells. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Cover and bake 1/2 hour at 350 degrees. Sprinkle remaining ff onions over shells. Bake uncovered an additional 10 minutes.