1/8 Photos of Mexican Stuffed Shells
1 hr 15 mins
A beloved favorite recipe that's been around awhile. While the crushed tortilla chips are optional, I personally love the crunch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning (can use low-sodium)
- 1 (4 ounce) package cream cheese
- 14 -16 large pasta shells
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup taco sauce (NOT enchilada sauce)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups tortilla chips, crushed (optional)
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2In a frying pan cook ground beef; add taco seasoning and prepare according to package directions. Add cream cheese, cover and simmer until cheese is melted. Blend well. Set aside and cool completely.
- 3While the ground beef is cooking, cook the pasta shells according to directions; drain. Set shells out individually on baking sheet so that they don’t stick together.
- 4Pour salsa on bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish. Stuff each shell with the meat mixture placing shells in dish open side up. Cover shells with taco sauce. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- 5After 30 minutes, add shredded cheese and bake for 10-15 more minutes, with the foil removed. Top with green onions and serve with sour cream and/or more salsa.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Stuffed Shells
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 493.9
- Calories from Fat 336
- Total Fat 37.4 g
- Saturated Fat 20.0 g
- Cholesterol 128.7 mg
- Sodium 1442.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 26.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: