Recipe by Chef Dan 74
These shells have that "zing" that will keep them coming back for more. This is my favorite dish to make as well as eat. Easy to do and well worth it.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 (16 ounce) jar Pace Picante Sauce
- 1 (32 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (7 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 (14 ounce) can French-fried onions
- 1 cup onion
- 1 (7 ounce) can mushrooms
- 1 (4 ounce) bagshredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) box jumbo pasta shells
Directions See How It's Made
- First brown your turkey meat and start boiling your jumbo shells, they should be done in about ten minutes.
- While that is cooking, in a large bowl add your tomato sauce and picante sauce mix well, and layer bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish with just enough to cover bottom save rest for shells.
- When meat is done, drain, and add chiles, onion, half of ricotta cheese or more if you like it really cheesy, 1/2 cup on fried onions, and 1/2 cup of your tomato sauce mixture. Stir well on no heat and set aside.
- When shells are done drain and rinse.
- Now your ready to fill as many shells as you can with mixture. Arrange in baking pan, top each with more of your sauce mixture and a pinch of shredded cheese on each. You may need another pan depending on how big you stuff shells.
- Cover with foil and bake at 325°F for 25 minutes, then if desired sprinkle some more crunched up fried onions and more shredded cheese. Bake uncovered for 5 more minutes.