Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Pasta shells hold all the taco-like ingredients in this dish, which you can eat with your hands or a knife and fork. Recipe from Weight Watcher's. Each serving (3 shells)provides: 3 proteins, 3/4 veg., 1 bread, 25 optional calories.406 cal.,24 gr. protein, 22 carbs.
- 13 ounces lean ground beef, broiled 2 min
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup spicy salsa or 1⁄2 cup mild salsa
- 1⁄4 cup light sour cream
- 3 ounces jumbo pasta shells, cooked and drained (about 12)
- 1 1⁄2 ounces coarsely shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded lettuce
- 2 tablespoons diced seeded tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Spray an 11x7" baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large, nonstick skillet, combine beef, onion and garlic. Cook over med.-high heat, stirring frequently to break up beef, until beef is browned and onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add chili powder, cumin, oregano and salt; toss to mix well.
- Cook 1 minute. Stir in salsa; cook, stirring frequently, 5 min.Remove from heat; stir in sour cream. Let cool slightly.
- Stuff shells evenly with meat-mixture, mounding slightly.
- Arrange shells in baking pan; cover with foil.
- Bake 15 minutes; uncover and sprinkle evenly with cheese. Bake, uncovered, just until cheese melts, 1-2 minutes.
- Top shells evenly with lettuce and tomato.