Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
NOT your ordinary baked stuffed potatoes!
Make and share this Mexican Stuffed Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 2 large baking potatoes, scrubbed
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 tablespoons table cream
- 1 cup cooked red kidney beans or 1 cup pinto beans, drained
- 1 cup mexicorn, cooked and drained (and mashed, if you like)
- 2 tablespoons recaito or 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese or 1⁄2 cup monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1⁄2 cup picante sauce or 1⁄2 cup salsa (as mild or as hot as you like)
- Bake potatoes for 40 to 60 minutes.
- Cut in half lengthwise.
- Remove pulp and mash with sour cream and milk.
- Combine with beans, corn, Recaito or cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Stuff the mixture into the potato skins.
- Pile on the cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes in 400-degree oven.
- Serve with picante sauce or salsa and, if you like, guacamole or sour cream.
Wonderful variation on stuffed potatoes! These had a lot of flavor. I used cilantro. Thanks for sharing!