1/2 Photos of Mexican Stuffed Mushrooms
Sue Lau's Note:
This makes an interesting variation on the usual stuffed mushroom. It has a surprising chile taste and almost melts in your mouth with cheesy flavor...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Roast poblano: blacken on a comal or under a broiler, then place in a bowl under plastic wrap for 15 minutes; after that, easily remove skin, slit open, and discard seeds and stem.
- 2Dice poblano and set aside until needed.
- 3Preheat oven to 375F.
- 4Scrape out dark gills from the underside of the mushrooms and make sure the mushrooms are clean.
- 5Put some foil on a baking sheet and spray with oil and place mushrooms gill side up on it.
- 6Spread 2 tablesoons of salsa (approximate) on each mushroom, smoothing out- if they are big, add just a touch more, etc.
- 7Divide out the chopped poblanos among the mushrooms and place over the salsa.
- 8Sprinkle with sliced jalapenos (this will make the mushrooms spicy) over the poblanos.
- 9Cover each mushroom with about 1/2 cup shredded queso anejo cheese.
- 10Place pan in oven and bake for about 18-20 minutes or until mushrooms are cooked and tender.
- 11Garnish mushrooms with chopped cilantro before serving.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Stuffed Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 35.2
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 200.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: