Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
We love stuffed jalapenos and this is one that I played around with until I came up with this. These are always gone as soon as they come out of oven or off the grill
- 1 dozen jalapeno
- 6 Little Smokies sausages (cut in half)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro
- 4 green onions
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 8 ounces mexican cheese
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- sliced bacon
- Cut the top off the jalapeno and deseed the pepper. Mix the ingrediants (all except little smokies) Place some of the mixture in the bottom of the jalapeno and then take 1/2 of the little smokey and put in the jalapeno then finish with rest of mixture. Place bacon on top of jalapeno holding with a toothpick. Cook until bacon no longer looks raw. You can cook these in the oven or on the grill. I use a jalapeno stand.
Loved the flavor and heat of these peppers, but there was way too much cheese mixture to stuff the peppers. I think if you had huge jalapenos (like poblanos), you might be able to use it all. I cut the little smokies in half lengthwise to fill the entire pepper and allow the cheese to envelope it. I wanted to grill these, but it was pouring rain so I ended up using the oven. Thanks for sharing! Made for Spring PAC 2013.