Recipe by Izzy The Terrible
No, we didn't stuff them with Mexicans, but you'll be pleased to know that this is a healthy carb recipe. No rice here! This recipe was created to use up extra taco meat, and it turned out amazing. Super easy, and my husband immediately asked me to add it to our 'favorite' list.
Top Review by cookee monster
March 24th. I made this and Recipe #159900 for dinner. I, sadly, forgot to season the meat. But we still liked it. I will be making this again. And I will season my meat next time. I made this for Spring PAC 2011.
My DH took this to lunch the next day. Five people stopped to tell him how good it looked and smelled. I think I know what I'm making for his next pot luck.
- 1 lb taco meat
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 green peppers, seeds and ribs removed, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Set aside about 1/4 to 1/2 of the cheddar (Velveeta works well to mix in, as well).
- Mix taco meat, rotel, black beans, onion and cheddar.
- Stuff peppers with mixture.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for about 30-40 minutes.
- Serve, topped with sour cream, if desired.