Recipe by Happy Hippie
Another favorite family recipe that's included in my favorite little cookbook "Low Fat Mexican Recipes.
Top Review by Mrs. Annely
I made these for my Father-In-Laws birthday dinner and he died over them. They were great!!! Shhh, I won't tell them they were healthy if you don't. Thanks for the great recipe.
- 8 bell peppers, large (green or red)
- 1⁄2 lb ground turkey
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked rice
- 1 tomatoes, finely diced
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 4 ounces green chilies, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 3 tablespoons salsa
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Try to choose block-shaped bell pappers so they will stand in bakking dish.
- Wash, core and seed bell peppers.
- Set in baking dish.
- Brown ground turkey, stirring to crumble.
- Remove frm heat and place in large bowl.
- Add cooked rice, tomato, onions, green chiles, seasonings, salsa and egg.
- Blend well.
- Fill each pepper with the turkey/rice mixture.
- Pour tomato sauce over peppers.
- Bake in preheated oven (350 degrees) for 45 minutes.