Recipe by Tish
Another once a month recipe that will help you face the month ahead with a meal ready to please. I serve this with tomatoes stuffed with guacamole and some corn
- 2 lbs round steaks
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 (12 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream or 1 (8 ounce) carton low-fat yogurt
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut steak into bite size pieces.
- Cook and stir steak, onion, and garlic in oil in a large saucepan over medium heat until brown.
- Drain off oil.
- Stir in vinegar, water, chili sauce, paprika, chili powder, seasoned salt, soy sauce, and mushrooms into steak mixture.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer 1 hour until meat is tender.
- Cool and store in freezer container.
- To prepare for serving, thaw meat mixture and heat in saucepan until bubbly.
- cook egg noodles according to package directions.
- Stir sour cream or low-fat yogurt and flour together; combine with stroganoff.
- Heat to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat, simmer, and stir about 1 minute.
- Serve stroganoff over noodels.