An easy, tasty skillet meal that my husband and I like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapeno peppers
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup tomato puree
- 1 -2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1 -2 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 1/3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2/3 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1/2-2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1In a big skillet, heat the oil; cook the onion and garlic for 3 minutes.
- 2Add in the peppers; cook for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 3Add in the water, puree, chili powder, cumin, bouillon, salt, and cayenne; stir; bring to a boil.
- 4Lower the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- 5Add the chicken, beans, and rice; stir and cook until heated through.
- 6Sprinkle with cheese.
- 7Serve hot.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (581 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 573.1
- Calories from Fat 193
- Total Fat 21.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 99.7 mg
- Sodium 665.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 39.7 g