Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
An easy, tasty skillet meal that my husband and I like.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapeno peppers
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup tomato puree
- 1 -2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1 -2 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2⁄3 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a big skillet, heat the oil; cook the onion and garlic for 3 minutes.
- Add in the peppers; cook for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Add in the water, puree, chili powder, cumin, bouillon, salt, and cayenne; stir; bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken, beans, and rice; stir and cook until heated through.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Serve hot.
This was great! I can't believe it hasn't been reviewed yet! It came together quickly and was very hearty. Served with some flour tortillas on the side.