Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is super quick and really looks great! Great for a quick weekday meal. If you can't find Mexican seasoned Chili Powder, add some Sazon. I really love Mexican food! This is a beautiful meal! Serve with a guacamole salad and your set!
- 1 lb skinless chicken breast half
- 2 tablespoons chili powder, Mexican seasoned
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- cilantro, to taste
- Cut chicken into thin strips; toss with chili powder, coating well. Marinate for 10 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and chicken broth. Set aside.
- Pour 1 tbsp oil around wok or skillet, coating sides. Heat at medium high for about 2 minutes. Add chicken, stir fry 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Pour remaining 1 tbsp oil into skillet. Add corn, tomato, garlic, and green onions. Stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Return reserved chicken to the skillet. Add broth mixture, beans, and salt. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
Quick and easy to make, tastes great and is very colorful on the plate. I added some sliced zucchini for even color, and about a cup of cooked rice. I served this with flour tortillas.
This is a great, quick and easy dish! I used green pepper instead of green onion, otherwise made as directed. Easy to make, filling and delicious - what more could you ask for? Thanks for posting your recipe!
This was great - I used turkey instead of chicken and white beans as I have never seen black beans here in a can . We put avocado and sour cream on top and had a soft tortilla on the side - just so yummy !