Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Good on a chilly (or chilie) night. Got this recipe from a co-worker who originally came to PA from Arizona.
- 2 lbs ground beef or 2 lbs ground turkey
- 4 (14 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes, pureed in blender (can use 2 cans Ro-tel tomatoes if you like it spicy and 2 cans stewed tomatoes)
- 3 (16 ounce) cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 (15 1/2 ounce) cans hominy, drained
- 2 packets taco seasoning
- 2 packets dry ranch dressing mix, i use hidden valley
- In large skillet brown meat and drain well.
- Put in crock pot Add taco seasoning and mix well.
- Add pureed stewed tomatoes, beans, hominy and ranch dressing mix.
- Cook on low 4-6 hours.
- Good with cornbread.
This is fantastic. It is a chili and has a good mild spicey taste. Short list of ingredients for a great taste. I made exactly as instructed except I did not puree my stewed tomatoes. I will be making this again and again. Thank you for posting.