Recipe by Barb G.
This is a good recipe serving 2 people, but can be increased to serve more.The recipe comes from Ortega, but I found it in a local newspaper.
Top Review by Blair.Smith11
This was absolutely fab! I made this on vacation in VA Beach with my Fiance, he loved it and keeps asking for it. I've made it 4 times now and plan to make it again and again. A definate winner!!!
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) baglong grain boil-in-the-bag rice
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon taco sauce
- 1 tablespoon salsa, any variety
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb sirloin steak
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 4 taco shells
- 4 lime wedges
- sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook Rice.
- Meanwhile, combine cumin, garlic powder, taco sauce, salsa, salt and rub over both sides of steak.
- Spray broiler pan with cooking spray; place steak on pan; Broil 4 minutes each side or until desired doneness (or cook on outside grill); cut steak into thin slices.
- Combine rice, tomatoes and chiles, place mixture in shells.
- Top rice mixture with beef slices.
- Squeeze juice from limes over beef; top with sour cream, if desired, Enjoy.