Recipe by Heydarl
A hearty beef and bean dinner can be on your table in less than 30 minutes. Found this recipe on bettycrocker.com & wanted to keep track of it. I plan to serve this with rice.
Top Review by magpie diner
Made this for ZWT5 - Cooks with Dirty Faces Team. All in all, the combination of ingredients and flavour is good, and mostly they're pantry staples which is great. For that reason, I'll certainly try this again. I followed the directions exactly as written, it's definitely a nice quick recipe. I had to sub kidney beans for the pinto, just what I had on hand. I found that the onions were not fully cooked in the amount of time indicated, so next time I would saute the onions first, and let them turn translucent before adding the beef. Or do the beef and veg seperately as the other reviewer mentioned. I would also add fresh garlic. The family is going to dine on this tonight with leftover, "Recipe #371137". Ole! Made for ZWT5 (Cooks with Dirty Faces Team)
- 3⁄4 lb boneless sirloin steak, about 3/4 inch thick
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup corn kernel, frozen
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced (2 cups)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove fat from beef. Cut beef with grain into 2-inch strips; cut strips across grain into 1/8 inch slices.
- Spray 12 inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add beef, onion and bell pepper; cook 4 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until beef is no longer pink.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients, breaking up tomatoes. Cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until zucchini is tender and mixture is hot.