Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another recipe from the 1981 Southern Living Cook Book.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 calabaza squash or 3 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (17 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, drained, seeded and chopped
- 3⁄4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Melt butter ina large skillet.
- Add squash, onion, and garlic; saute about 8 minutes or until squash is crisp-tender.
- Stir in corn and chiles; spoon inot a 1 quart casserole.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Great dish. I used zucchini and frozen corn and it came out great. I didn't measure the cheese - just threw some on top. I should have used less but it was still great. Thanks Jim for a nice keeper. Made for ZWT8 - Mexico/Tex Mex.
i used frozen corn and made this for 1 it is great i used zucchini and the color was very pretty made for zaar tour 8 dog gone stars anyway
This is great! Flavorful and delicious. I used zucchini. Thanks for sharing! ZWT8