Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is an easy, and very versatile recipe. It is spicy, so don't make it if you don't like spicy food! I use this in tacos, burritos, taco salads, and enchiladas. You can freeze it also. I hope you enjoy it!
- 2 -3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts or 2 -3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (5 ounce) bottle hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 cup water
- salt and pepper
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker, mix well.
- Chicken should be covered by liquid, if not, add more water.
- Cook on low 8 hours.
- The chicken should be falling apart already, just continue to shred it.
I make this recipe for work pot lucks all the time when we do a taco bar. Everyone loves it and raves about it every time. Too spicy for some, but I love it! Tonight I tried adding a home grown Anaheim pepper so hopefully it will be tasty with that. I am letting it simmer on low overnight for lunch tomorrow. Every time I have made this by the recipe it has turned out super tender. One time I made it on high in the crock pot and cut the cooking time in half and it still turned out awesome!
Yummy! My husband and I loved the spicy kick. Too hot for my kids. The second time I made this recipe, I omitted the cayenne pepper and hot sauce. It was just as good, and the kids gobbled it up. I used the chicken to make flautas and taquitos.
Very tasty. I cooked mine closer to 9 hours, which was probably a bit too long as the chicken was slightly dry. We used it in Chicken Nachos with tortilla chips, black beans, corn & salsa. DELICIOUS.