Recipe by Kozmic Blues
Quick and simple way to add some extra flavor to plain old white rice. This was something I threw together to go with some fajitas I had made. I usually make this rice in my rice cooker, but it works on the stove top as well. I've used regular long grain rice, or parboiled, both work fine.
Top Review by Bonnie G #2
So much better than plain rice, and the spices were right just the way listed. I only made one small change as I was trying to have things ready ahead of time for company on a Mexican Themed dinner. So after it was made (as directed) I put it all in a casserole dish, topped with more cheese, covered with foil and just heated it up when everyone arrived. Oh yes, I also used a Mexican blend cheese instead of goat as one of our guests doesn't do goat cheese.
- 2 cups white rice
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 -3 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon spicy cajun seasoning (mine is not this brand, but I'm sure something with ingredients like Emeril's Essence will work just) (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup of chopped cilantro
- 4 -6 ounces chevre cheese (soft goat cheese)