Prep 30 mins
Cook 7 mins
These cookies will top off your breakfast of Huevos Rancheros. The flavors of the spices come through magnificently!
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Cream butter; add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla, beating well. Add flour, ginger, allspice, cinnamon, and cloves, stirring well.
- Drop batter by teaspoonfuls 3 inches apart onto a lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees F for 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from cookie sheet; cool on wire racks.
- Serve on a platter.
Great little bites! I made these for my upcoming Cinco de Mayo fiesta, but I had to sneak one now, of course! They have a nice, light flavor. Thanks for sharing.