Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
A good way to use up leftover rotisserie chicken. I've tried this recipe the original way and the low fat way and it's good both ways with the only difference being that I prefer regular cheddar cheese.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine (to make a low fat dish, use liquid Butter Buds)
- 1 (24 ounce) can whole tomatoes (I like to chop these up some)
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 10 ounces spaghetti, broken into pieces and uncooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups picante sauce
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cups cooked white meat chicken or 2 cups turkey, cut into bitesized cubes (you can use leftovers or canned)
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese (use non-fat or low-fat cheese if desired)
- In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter.
- Add chicken broth and whole tomatoes with juice.
- Add spaghetti, Picante sauce and cumin.
- Cover and simmer until spaghetti is cooked and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Add chicken or turkey and spoon into a casserole dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle cheese over top of casserole.
- Bake covered at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes until cheese is melted.
took this to a pot luck at work and everyone loved it. Easy to make, I used hot picante sauce to kick it up a little.